Here is the weekly sampling from my del.icio.us favorites list. This time I chose the tag "SelfDirectedLearning". Here's what I found I have:
- Roger Hiemstra's Web Page on SDL Competence A list of competencies for successfuly carrying out self-directed learning projects.
- Roger Hiemstra's Web Page on SDL Skills A self-rating char on self-directed learning skills that learners can examine to determine how well they fit as a personal attribute. The goal is to identify those areas of strength that can be used in future self-study efforts and those that may need to be enhanced.
- Oklahoma University's Faculty & Staff Resource Site A listing and description of skills needed to be a self-directed learner.
- Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies E-Learning Handbook Chapeter on Self-Managed Learning A brief article on the difference between managed and self-managed learning, and how to become a self-managed learner.
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey's Center for Teaching Excellence A resource list of articles on self-directed learning.
- Anecdote A blog post on how to start a community of practice.
- Lifehack.org A blog post on 15 steps to cultivating lifelong learning.
- Scott H. Young An article comparing the relative strengths of formal and self education.
- WiseBread A how-to article on becoming an expert.
How do you approach Self Directed Learning? What skills are most important to foster? What are you favorite resources on the subject?